18 February 2006

Photos: Jaipur

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout! A nice high speed connection, and no one giving me dirty looks when I plug in my memory card reader. On with the photos!



Entrance to Jaipur's Old City, in which all the buildings are painted pink. Overflowing with handicrafts, its streets lay claim to the origins of the phrase "Yes? Hello friend! You which country? Inside is more. Just looking no problem!"














Thankfully, much of the "just l
ooking" was pleasurable, particularly in these quieter, sari-filled side streets. Kind of a shame, if you think about it. I'd have looked lovely in those fabrics.






Outside the Old City, a man makes a tasty drink from sugarcane and lime.










Never, not in fourteen lifetimes, will I understand cricket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home